Metaverse Monthly Report — September 2021
This month we’ve continued to work hard on the much anticipated New-Frontiers upgrade. The core developer team is in the process of working on this novel technology (which will prepare the network for a hybrid consensus) that has never been achieved before.
We’re continuing to test transactions to migrate from Hyperspace by using the solution to replay EVM transactions from hyperspace and injecting them into New-Frontiers.
- Hyperspace uses a partially 1<->1 address mapping schema, which means any
EVM addresscan map to one substrate address, and this very substrate address could be map back to the original
EVM address. But some substrate address is generated from substrate native, that will not be able to map into one
EVM address, and fortunately, we can ignore these native generated substrate address.
- New-frontiers use a one-way 1->1 address mapping schema, which means any
EVM addresscan map to one substrate address, but there's no way for one substrate address to be map back to the original
- Because of this problem, a simple state copy from substrate state storage will not be enough. The core Dev team has written an Address Mapping script to successfully transform all account addresses.
- The team has written scripts to get all EVM account and contract state storage from Hyperspace on specific block height and convert the storage into Chain-spec codec format compatible with New-frontiers. Then a New-frontiers test-net with all the state storage migrated is launched for testing.
During last month’s testing, we encountered some errors that pushed us in different directions, including the first erroneous transaction at block 29428. So currently we’ve planned and implemented a storage migration, on the substrate core level, that will allow us to keep the history from hyperspace, being very close to a working prototype. For more information, please refer to our GitHub: Metaverse
Simultaneously, we have also started working on the development of a wallet that will be used after the migration.
- Consensus on final migration solution ↔ migration testing
- Apply battle testing conditions (stolen funds)
- Determine migration schedule
- Conduct migration
- Switch consensus mechanism to Aura
- Deep testing
- Enable Benchmarking
Metaverse is an open-source public blockchain creating a decentralized ecosystem of digitized assets, identities, and applications.
Stay up to date on the latest news by following our social media channels: